What do you think of when you hear the term “blog”?
Maybe it makes you think of your cousin’s cooking blog, or a travel blog you follow. It may even make you scoff a bit when you think of someone’s attempt and failure at creating a hobby blog. But when it comes to maintaining an up-to-date blog on your business website, it’s a totally different – and pertinent – story.
Sure, you may ask yourself, “Who is even going to read my business’ blog?” Well, that’s where our “top 5 ways blogs work for your business” come into play.
- Google is Your #1, and Most Important, Reader Blogging and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) go hand-in-hand because when you have a regularly updated blog with posts that are high relevant topics to your audience, it can make a huge difference to how your overall website performs in search engines, most importantly, Google. Google sees your new post as a kind of “news flash” that something important is happening on your website, and it should climb closer to the top of search. And the good news is, you don’t have to write lengthy posts to catch Google’s eye – only between 300 – 500 words is standard.
- It Helps to Drive Traffic from Social Media When it comes to posting content on social media, it’s always smart to try and link back to your website whenever possible. This way, you begin the process of potentially turning a lead into a new customer. The goal is to draw them in with relevant and interesting blog content, and once they have arrived at your website, they explore your business and products further, eventually capturing them with a transaction or store visit.
- It Helps to Establish Thought Leadership The most successful business blogs answer common questions their existing and potential customers have. If you’re consistently creating content that your target customer finds helpful, this will help establish you as an authority in their eyes – causing them to seek out more content from you. That type of respect leads to more transactions or visits.
- It’s an Opportunity to Network Maybe you have some partner vendors that you work with. If so, this is a great way to boost up your SEO by highlighting them and their services on your blog. Google loves external links – and if your partner vendor shares the blog on their site and social media, it’s a slam dunk for audience reach.
- It Creates a Content Library for You This means you can always refer back to your library when customers have questions on topics you’ve already written on. It also allows you to create new posts with updated information on past topics. Lastly, it helps you avoid repetitive topics by browsing through your archives. Customers will always seek new information from you.
We recommend using WordPress for websites and blogging.
A blog usually comes standard with any new website, so it’s not something that should cost you extra. Want to put your blog into action but need help with a website and maintaining a blog? Contact Zephyr Digital Design in Kansas City today! Located in Brookside, we specialize in working with local businesses that are looking to cut through the competition.